Typically when guest have frequently asked questions about Disney World they have no idea where to go to provide answers. We have compiled 10 ways to solve these FAQ’s.
1. Read our blog – You probably already read our blogs if you’re reading this and virtually all our readers tell us it’s a great resource. Anyway, when we’re looking for an answer to a question, Scootarama is the first place you should look.
2. Check Newsletter Archives – Search different newsletter archives from reputable Disney sites. We’ve been doing this for years now, and every issue has a feature article as well as lots of updates and news. To view the archives, visit the Newsletter Stand. If you haven’t subscribed, you can do so quickly at the same page — it’s free!
3. Call Disney – We do this when we have frequently asked questions about Disney World we haven’t addressed or haven’t been asked our blog. Here are some helpful phone numbers:
4. Search the Dis Boards – Do a search on popular message boards — chances are very good someone else has asked the question already! If you don’t find what you’re looking for, consider alternate words, for example “Ecv Rental” instead of “Motorized Wheelchair.”
5. Ask Us – Email your questions to Scootarama.. Please keep in mind most responses won’t be immediate it may take hours or even days to get a reply especially if your question is esoteric. If your frequently asked question about Disney World hasn’t received a reply after a couple of days feel free to resend.
More ways to answer FAQ’s about Disney World
6. Google It – Search for it on the Internet. We also recommend the Google search engine for excellent results.
7. Go Web Surfing – Visit specific Disney-related Web sites for information on your topic. AllEars.net is a particularly good repository of information which we recommend you check. You’ll find more use information at Disney World.
8. Check Other Forums – Search other message boards and discussion groups for information on your topic. Here are our recommendations:
9. Ask More People – Post your question on one or more of those message boards or groups we mention above. Different people have different experiences.
10. Ask Us – Send us an e-mail at email@example.com. We will do our best to answer you. We do received hundreds of e-mails a day, however, so we can’t promise anything but we will try!
When you do find your answer we encourage you to post it in the message boards or check out our frequently asked questions about Disney World. The more you contribute, the more you (and everyone else!) gets out of it.